Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, butterflied and then cut in half
- Salt and pepper
- All-purpose flour, for dredging
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup brined capers, rinsed
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- When butter and oil start to sizzle, add 2 pieces of chicken and cook for 3 minutes.
- When chicken is browned, flip and cook other side for 3 minutes.
- Remove and transfer to plate.
- Melt 2 more tablespoons butter and add another 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- When butter and oil start to sizzle, add the other 2 pieces of chicken and brown both sides in same manner.
- Remove pan from heat and add chicken to the plate.
- Add lemon juice, stock and capers into the pan.
- Return to stove and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor.
- Check for seasoning.
- Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken to platter.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to sauce and whisk vigorously.
- Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.
For original recipe, go to:
Kim Cameron Valencia CA
My Favorite Recipe Blog