Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 32 minutes
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup milk
4 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon garlic salt
Optional: Hot sauce (modify amount based on preference)
Oil (enough to fill your deep pot halfway)
2 packages Tempura Batter Mix
1 can beer
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
24 ounces boneless cod, cut into 2-inch pieces
6 corn tortillas (Guerrero Corn Tortillas are the best!)
2 cups shredded cabbage
Salsa, for topping
For the Sauce:
1. Mix all ingredients together and set aside.
For the Tacos:
1. Preheat a fryer or a deep pot halfway filled with oil to 375 degrees F.
2. Mix 1 of the packages of batter, but only use 1/2 the required amount of water and use beer for the remaining amount. Add the beer until the batter becomes almost like a heavy cream consistency.
3. Using the other package of batter add salt and garlic powder, coat cod pieces with the dry mix, then dip into prepared batter. Deep-fry for about 3 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
4. Place fried cod pieces on warmed corn tortillas, add white sauce to fish, a little shredded cabbage and a squeeze of lime and salsa to taste.
For original recipe, go to:
Kim Cameron Valencia CA
My Favorite Recipe Blog