Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 mintues
Total Time: 50 minutes
2 lbs asparagus, ends snapped and cut into pieces
4 cups chicken stock (or more)
8 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons all-purpose gluten-free/regular flour
2 cups half-and-half cream
salt and pepper
1. Put asparagus and stock into a medium pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until asparagus is very soft, about 10 to 15 minutes, Set aside 2 cups of the broth; keep warm.
3. Puree asparagus and remaining broth in blender; return to pot and set aside (I puree in batches).
4. Melt butter in a medium heavy saucepan over low heat.
5. Add flour and cook stirring constantly with a wire whisk for 2 minutes.
6. Whisk in reserved warm broth.
7. Increase heat to medium and cook, stirring, until smooth and thickened, about 5 minutes.
8. Transfer to pot with asparagus puree.
9. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring often.
10. Slowly add half-n-half.
11. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Kim Cameron Valencia CA
My Favorite Recipe Blog